Filthy commercial watch: Nature Valley Sweet & Salty
We were enjoying this week’s episode of House when we came across the following Nature Valley ad. Can you count the number of veiled sexual references that play on the natural, “Sweet & Salty” snacks?
Okay okay okay, let’s compare! How many did you get? We got seven:
- Parental assurance of the “natural” source of the product
- Appearance of abundant, rolling nuts
- …towards a wide, vertical cavern
- Conspicuous focus on provocatively-shaped cashew
- Noteworthy pronunciation of “peanuts” without the closing “T” sound
- The avalanche of said nuts (i.e. “Oh man I’m GONNA LOSE IT!”)
- Ensuing drizzle of salty, creamy “nut butter” coating
And, just as a bonus of timing (way to go local broadcasting crew):
- CHICKS DANCING IN THEIR UNDERWEAR!
Ahhhh, we do have some fun.